16 February, 2010

More blocks for swaps...


Here are a few more blocks that I have done for the swaps that I am in at the moment.

Firstly, this is the first one for the 1st Wednesday Block Swap.  It is Miss February's aka Flic.


She requested a 12" star block.  I was going to do this block pattern for another swap but decided I didn't like the block with the fabrics thosen.

The block is called "Martha Washington's Star" and I thought this fabric really did the pattern justice.

I unfortunately cut up some of the fabric accidentally and couldn't do my 'flying geese' but ended up using the 1/2 square triangles instead.  Phew!!  Nearly had a disaster on my hand.



The next block is for Elettaria in the Birthday Block Party group.  She requested a 12" wonky house with a blue sky.

I must admit that this is the first I have made and did have to fiddle around abit but enjoyed doing it all the same.  Don't you just love the owl in the window.  I should have cut him down a bit so he was 'poking' out the window.  Ah well, maybe next time.



This is made up from the triangles left over from Heidi's Dutchman's Puzzle that you can check out here.  Some other have made little blocks (and some not so little) from the scraps and I thought I would do the same.

I love 1/2 square triangles and it is amazing how many patterns can come out of them!!!

This is an odd size, so I hope Heidi doesn't mind adding fabric to it to make it useable.

I do love the pattern though.  I wonder if it is a pattern that someone else has made before?  Probably, but if not I would call it the "Lightening Star" block.

If you are interested in seeing more blocks for the swaps you can check out Flickr.  The Circuit Block Party site is here and the 1st Wednesday Block Swap is here.  As it is only the start of the swaps you can keep checking through the year to see all that we have done.

There is also a Quilting Bee Blocks which is open to everyone to share their blocks that they are doing for the 90 or more quilting swaps that are happening all over the globe.  Click here to see the wonderful work others are doing.

Happy clicking....


No comments: