12 October, 2009

Ah, sweet holidays...

Hello all.  Sorry for not blogging for a while - the school holidays were on and it was a bit difficult to get to the computer.  My quilting was put on hold for a while too!!

Anyway, we did end up going to a little town on the coast for a bit of R & R (the kids and I only, my poor hubby had to stay home and work).  The boys love going there to see their Grandparents and I can get to chit chat with my Mum about quilting!!  Win win situation!  I sell my Mum's quilts in my Etsy shop as well as mine (in the future) - missmonny.etsy.com.  We have yet to fill the shop with handmade goodies.  If you pop in you can see I sold a beautiful blue and cream quilt that my Mum made.  I was so thrilled to have someone in America buy it and I am certain it is now on someones bed looking absolutely stunning.

Anyway, here is a couple of snap shots of what the boys got up to when they were on holidays....


This is one of the rabbits my Dad is wanting to breed.  How cute is this??  Now, my boys want one each...


This is what my 7 yr old caught!  The shell was attached to a long 5ft piece of seaweed.


Ah, don't you love sunsets?  They enjoyed running back and forth through
the mud!!  Until one of the gumboots got stuck and in went the foot in the mud!

When we got back we went to see my Grandfather who was turning 90!  What a ripe old age that is.  I am in the process of getting some coins and notes from when he was born (1919) and framing them for his present.  I thought that to be a good idea and I can't wait till I see the finished piece.

I am also sooo close to finishing my Babooska quilt - only a couple of inches to go on the binding, put on my label that I printed and attach a hanging sleeve.  It is initially going to be hung but then will be 'draped' on a bed, so the hanging sleeve will be only basted on.

So so close.....

See you next time.....

:o)



No comments: