27 February, 2010

More Birthday Blocks revealed...

I have now down a couple more for the Birthday Blocks Swap.



This is a 'Clover Blossom' for Roxanne.  She requested a 12.5" block in a Spring theme and it took me ages to try and find a suitable block that I actually liked.  Only thing is, is this the right 'spring'??  I presume she meant a spring season not a spring coil - LOL!!



This is a scrappy 8.5" block for Brandi.  She requested a 'Bouncing Betty' block in any of our scraps.  At first I wasn't too sure on it and thought it would be ugly, but after making it and another for her, then putting them together, I could really see how this patter could look fantastic over a quilt!



Here is a sneak peek on the blocks I have RECEIVED!

I requested a 12.5" Wonky House block with a white background.
I still have 5 more to come in the mail but I love the way it is taking shape.  There will be more added from me to even out the numbers plus I may even add an odd Wonky Tree or three! 

With a white sashing bordering the blocks - it will look amazing I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the Clover Blossom and even the scrappy looks really good. I've been looking at a lot of sites and still can decide on a pattern. I was wondering if a pillow case for Jess would be a good first project?

Tam

Susie said...

Simply love the wonky house, how wonderful does that look, and so unique too.

Susie

Danielle said...

I love your wonky houses. I'm just dying to make some. Think I can wait until January 2011 for my month in our swap? Hope so!