25 January, 2010

More February Birthday Blocks...


Aren't the school holidays great!!  I am able to get myself a bit of time to do these Birthday Blocks.

This block is for Susan who requested any pattern with lavender colours in a 5.5" size.

I decided to do a paper piecing block as I haven't paper-pieced before and thought it a good chance to try it
out.  The middle is a bit wonky but overall I love the block.  Will remember this one for a future quilt I think - it is called 'The Attraction Block' -just like yin and yang!!



The next block is for Jenn who requested a Tennessee pattern in solid black and batiks. This had to be a 12.5" block.  It involved my favourite piecing at the moment - quick triangles.  Love how many different patterns they make, like the stars that I am loving at the moment too.




Well, that's February done!  There are two for March which I am getting myself ready to do.

No comments: